"We Hope For What We Do Not Have, We Wait For It Patiently!" ~ Romans 8:25

Thursday, November 1, 2012

What a day!

          Wow….what a day! As I sit on my couch unwinding after a long day I am overwhelmed by where this day has taken us.  It is Halloween.  Some could say a bad holiday but we choose to celebrate Fall and Harvest and the blessings we have been given.  Ashley and Travis jumped out of bed to begin the day’s festivities.  Ashley dressed for school in a pumpkin shirt with pumpkin earrings and Travis got to wear his costume all day.  Tonight we enjoyed a family night at Trunk N Treat at our church.  Ashley was a Japanese woman and Travis was Spider Man.  Everything from the rock walls, inflatables, great friends and the incredibly decorated trunks made it a great night!
            What astounds me more, is the outpouring of support we received today from my co-workers at Cornerstone Kids.  Don’t take that wrong….I work with a wonderful group of Godly women!  They are wonderful in every way and a ton of fun too.  But, today they went above and beyond.  Some had asked that I bring my jewelry to the staff meeting and wow….they blew me away!  The support they showed us was amazing!  Knowing again that we were able to feed orphans and to raise money to bring our little one home was a win win all the way around. 
           Last week, I started to have some major concerns about the financial part of our adoption.  There’s no other way to put it except that it is costly.  As we move forward, the costs increase.  I had to just pray and turn it all over to Jesus the other day. I just couldn’t carry the worry and fear anymore!  We know HE called us to do this and HE will bring it all together.  HE will not bring us this far and not take us the rest of the way.   How about that timing?  I turned it all over to Jesus and now I am selling my products like crazy!  I’m going to have to place another order!  It’s wonderful!!  Why am I amazed?  He takes care of us, He honors what we are doing and He provides….just like He says He will….and yet I am shocked.  What an awesome God we serve! 
          Happy Fall Ya’ll.  Blessings!
Ashley & Travis ready for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment