"We Hope For What We Do Not Have, We Wait For It Patiently!" ~ Romans 8:25

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Close...but not close enough

Yes...this was us tonight!!!
We were able to Skype with Oberson for the first time!!  : )  Can you hear me screaming?  I was a bundle of nerves kind of like when we went to Haiti to meet him but it was so fun!  

Of course, the crazy person that I am had the family all waiting with toys, pictures and books as we anxiously waited for the call.  Little Oberson had no idea what to think and this look was pretty much what we saw the most.  I ached to hear his voice but he kept it hidden today.  Crazy was this computer that was talking to him!!  lol!  He did get tickled a few times so we saw some laughs and smiles.  He looked at a book we sent with all of our pictures and seemed confused that we were in a book and yet on a screen.  Travis and Ashley played with balls and cars and he seemed to like that.  When we were there he was in love with soccer balls.  Now he pointed that he likes the car better than the ball.  With some coaxing he did give everyone a computer high five.  

And how did I handle this amazing moment?  My mind was a whirwind.  I couldn't think of a Creole word for anything. And to those that know me best....I cried before and after but not during!  Whahoo!   

We are still praying for signatures and that this process can get moving but for tonight we will celebrate seeing our precious boy with our own eyes! 

God tells us in his Word that He will give us more than we can imagine and tonight He did!  I never asked for this...I couldn't have imagined it!  Yet, when we need it most He provides.  He is ever faithful!  

Here are a few more shots from tonight.  
 A few smiles while getting tickled!  

  Looking at the picture album we sent.