"We Hope For What We Do Not Have, We Wait For It Patiently!" ~ Romans 8:25

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Special Day...

The first time I held Ashley in my arms on the day she as born, was probably the first time I truly understood unconditional love.  That day, my relationship with Jesus started to change.  I started to understand grace and a relationship instead of rules and a religion.  Looking into that precious face it started to become clear.  

We were praying for her salvation from the day we found out we were pregnant.  But as my relationship changed so did my prayers.  We prayed for her to have a relationship with Christ.  

In 2009, while Todd was on a mission trip in Haiti, I was standing with Ashley in church as we were doing the closing prayer.  I honestly don't think I heard the prayer as I was praying my own words.  Then, I felt this tug and saw her little arm go up in the air when the pastor asked if anyone had prayed the prayer of salvation.  With her being so little, no one even saw her raised arm....but I did.  And I believe the angels were already celebrating this changed life of a little girl.  As we talked that day to clarify that she understood her decision, so began a new season of prayers.  Praying that she will forever grow in her friendship with Jesus, understanding of His Word, hearing His voice and obeying His callings.  

Over these years she has taken classes at church and thought about baptism.  She prayed about it but it just never felt right.  She knew it was an act of obedience and not her salvation but it was being in front of everyone that scared her.  It was just recently that she began praying with earnest about her baptism.  We prayed along with her until one day she announced it was time.  

On Sunday, September 13th, 2015 our Ashley was baptized!  Our church had a barbeque luncheon after church, we sang hymns and the sun was brightly shining as our little girl was one of many baptized in Jesus' name.  Surrounded by friends, family, teachers and pastors she had received His peace and enjoyed her special day.  

There's something very special about watching your children obey our Heavenly Father and walk their own walk of faith.  I imagine it is like God watching over us.  



Want to see something sweet?  Remember how I said Ashley was surrounded by loving family and friends?  Look at the young lady in front, with sunglasses on and holding her hands to her face.....yes, that is Ashley's best friend (also pictured below).  I think Lila was as excited as Ashley.  They have a beautiful friendship! I can also see friends taking pictures 😀 and just smiling on her special day.  That is the Body of Christ in action!