"We Hope For What We Do Not Have, We Wait For It Patiently!" ~ Romans 8:25

Thursday, May 1, 2014

A pick-me-up....

                The news out of Haiti regarding our adoption has had me quite down lately.  This process is always full of ups and down so I should be used to it by now.  We had the most incredible high when we got to meet our little guy, then the indescribable low of leaving him, the high of anticipation that things might start moving with the adoption and then the current low again that things again have come to a standstill. Currently, we have yet to be approved from our trip and just wait for the government to approve us as his adoptive parents so that we can exit the system and progress through courts to begin the process to bring him home.  (Are you beginning to wonder why I named this the pick-me-up?)
                Today we received our update picture!! Each month we receive a picture and a short update on how he is doing.  Here is our gem for this month.  Oh my heart!  I have cried for almost two hours and would board a plane today if I thought I would be allowed.  One thing that helps my heart is to see his joy.  We have prayed so much for his heart to be guarded.  Through all of the mayhem, slow time frames and frustrations on our end I realize that he doesn’t know any of it.  He is just living life.  May God continue to guard him, protect him, keep him and shelter him until we can bring him home!!

                Oh my goodness, what I wouldn’t do to get my hands on him again!