"We Hope For What We Do Not Have, We Wait For It Patiently!" ~ Romans 8:25

Monday, March 3, 2014

The beginnings….Day 1

           My heart is full.  I hardly know how to put what we experienced today into words but I know I must try as so many of you have sent messages asking how it went.  Thank you for the prayers and love!
           This afternoon we walked into the balcony of God’s Littlest Angels to see our son.  He was sitting on a bench just like a big boy except the look on his face showed confusion and apprehension.  This was a room usually filled with friends and laughter and now it was quiet with strangers walking in the door.  He sat in the cutest outfit and looked so adorable that I wanted to grab him immediately but refrained so I didn’t scare him.  I sat in front of him and started to talk to him.  Of course all the Creole I practiced was lost (he speaks no English) which means we didn’t understand a word each other was saying.  But God was knitting our hearts together. 
           We got out some toys and he loved the balls we brought.  The cars aren’t too bad either but the balls are definitely the favorite.  He never let the one go the rest of the day.  He warmed up to me the most but I think he is more familiar with women than men.  After playing with ‘daddy’ for awhile he warmed up to him also.  We had about a half hour of time alone together before other volunteers and children joined us for play.  It was a chance to see him interact with other children too. 
           All in all for our first meeting it went very well.  He never cried or anything like that. He allowed us to hold and carry him.  We tickled, chased, played ball and just played toys. I changed his diaper and did all the mom things for awhile. 
           And I didn’t even cry until I had to return him to the nursery!  That’s pretty darn good for me!  : )  Then I boo-hoo’d!  I’m exhausted now but already counting the hours until we can get him tomorrow.  We’ll see if he comes to us in the morning. 

          Here are a few pics from today.